Please see the attached CCA’s revised School Uniform Policy and take time to read through the amendments made and when they will come into action.
If you have any queries regarding the changes being made then do not hesitate to contact the school office.
Why do we have a uniform?
Our uniform helps to instil pride in our school. It supports positive behaviour and discipline. Wearing our uniform encourages children to feel part of our community, supporting the school ethos and being proud of what Cedar Children’s Academy stands for. We are very proud of our school and how it looks.
By wearing a uniform we can ensure that pupils of all races and backgrounds feel welcome. It protects children from social pressures to dress in a particular way; and nurtures cohesion, promoting good relations between different groups of pupils.
(Must be worn from September 2018)
|· White collared shirt (All year groups except nursery)
· Tie (elasticated for younger year groups – silver striped)
· Green cardigan or jumper with Cedar Children’s Academy logo
|Items for either uniform:
· Grey school trousers, school skirts, school pinafore dresses or culottes
· Grey shorts and green and white gingham dresses may be worn in the summer
· Socks – white, grey or black
· Tights – grey or green
· Black, flat shoes, with closed toes (no boots or sandals)
· Hair accessories – these must be green, white, grey or black which must be discreet and functional
- Plain white t-shirt or green one with Cedar Children’s Academy logo
- Black shorts
- Black plimsolls/trainers
- Black tracksuit bottoms can be worn in the winter
- Children can wear their school sweatshirts for PE when doing outside activities in the winter.
- A spare pair of socks and a water bottle for PE
Where can I buy uniform?
Our new uniform supplier is Simmonds and new uniform must be purchased via their website.
We ask that parents ensure all items of uniform are clearly labelled with your child’s name and class. Items of clothing do get left in the playground, get muddled up at PE changing times and get forgotten about on hot days. For this reason it is essential that they are labelled if they are ever to make it back to their owners! We do store lost property for a term and have regular “claim it back” sessions after school. If not re-claimed items that can be sold go to the second hand uniform shop anything else is disposed of.